💛 📖 Find out about the GrowVeg book here: https://www.growveg.com/growveg-the-beginners-guide-to-easy-gardening.aspx

It’s hard to curb your enthusiasm at the start of the growing season. But many vegetables suffer if planted too early. Fortunately, there some crops that respond well to early planting!

In this short video we’ll share five reliable vegetables that let you get on and grow even before spring has sprung.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at https://BigBugHunt.com

Comments

Mary Bywater says:

Clear and simple instructions. Just love the video, can't wait to start. Thank you.

JO LEACH says:

We have beets and carrots in and we have cabbage, broccoli, and brussels that are doing really well. I got the potatoes in just this past weekend. Onions are set and starting almost everything else this weekend. Mostly indoors under lights for tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, cukes, squashes and zucchinni. Melons will start next week. Planted new blackberries today. So excited. Got some new scuppernongs planted for Valentines Day.

Koil Zimbabwe says:

I’ve had some poor luck this start of the growing season. Poor germination, raccoons and rats eating whatever pops up

shadow-ska says:

I forgot about how tasty garlic is! Thank you for the tip. I'll plant it tomorrow.

Sarah Gee says:

PS My Growveg book has just arrived. It looks fantastic – and I know it will be well-thumbed over the years, so it's great to see how sturdily it is bound!

Sarah Gee says:

Thanks for these tips – I am marching out to my Orkney greenhouse with packets of seeds right now! Trying silver-skin onions on a windowsill. But as ever with my attempts at propagating onions they just seem to grow very weedy (this happens with spring onions too). Any advice is welcome!

Leila Tatmon says:

I LOVE this guy

n. vater says:

I planted tomatoes under a grow light and experimenting planting some tomato seeds in my hoophhouse. I’m hoping they do better than indoors. Every day I have to open hoop house in the morning because temps quickly rise to 80+

Andrea Stammen says:

I like to direct sew my sugar snap peas in late winter, once we are out of danger of really hard frosts, but before all frost has stopped completely. My pea plants actually seem hardier/healthier if they have gone through a frost or two…and then of course we get to eat them sooner! Yum!!

John Kay says:

I'd sown lettuce, tomatoes, mizuna, cauliflower, spinach, all into modules indoors heated propagator. BUT the new very young shoots keep getting eaten by flies or other tiny critters. They wipe out almost everything edible except the toms & mizuna. Do you know any spray or something else that might solve the problems of veracious tiny herbivores?
Thanks, JohnnyK.

Gunga Galunga says:

Can we use garlic bulbs from tesco?

handmade byhel says:

Great vid. Please also check out Steve Tuinstra from the garden. No relative of mine and this is not an ad but some friends of mine (relatives of his) were recently making fun of him (he doesn’t know!) and I want to boost his following to get them to eat their words. Again no pressure no ad no worries if not this channel is all the gardening advice you need! I just feel bad for the guy!